Recruitment Privacy Notice
5. RECRUITMENT PRIVACY NOTICE - May 2018
This notice informs job applicants of Alamo Group Europe Ltd (“Applicants”) and all of its subsidiaries how we process your personal data, when you apply for a role or vacancy with Alamo Group Europe Ltd. For the purposes of European data protection laws, Alamo Group Europe Ltd is the data controller of Applicant personal data.
Data That May Be Collected. We may collect personal data regarding applicants including,
1. contact information (e.g., name, home and business address, phone numbers, email addresses, emergency contact information);
2. demographic information (e.g., date of birth, nationality);
3. employment and education history (including internal and external employment history, references and organizational data such as department, work location, job title and seniority); and
4. any other information which may be voluntarily disclosed by the Applicant as part of the application process.
We process sensitive personal data (e.g. data concerning health) in accordance with data protection laws and with the explicit consent of the Applicant, or where processing is required by law.
Use of Applicant Personal Data. We use your data in order to fulfil our legal obligations and where in the legitimate interests of Alamo Group Europe Ltd to consider an Applicant for a role or vacancy in line with our recruitment process. In the event that we make an offer of employment and you, (the Applicant) accepts, your personal data will be held and processed by Alamo Group Europe Ltd to fulfil our legal and contractual obligations and for the performance of the employment relationship. You have a right to object to us processing your personal data where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interest.
Disclosure to Certain Third Parties. We may disclose some of your personal data to the following recipients:
1. service providers (e.g. outsourced payroll providers) and financial or legal advisors;
2. fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies;
3. to courts, governmental and non-governmental regulators and ombudsmen; 4. as required or permitted by law, to comply with a legal process or government request, or to protect Alamo Group’s rights and property.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside the EEA. We may transfer personal data to Alamo Inc (located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in the U.S. for senior positions only. We will take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of Applicants’ personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Rights of Applicants. Under applicable European data protection laws, Applicants have a right to:
1. request access to and rectification or erasure of their personal data;
2. obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of their personal data; and
3. the right to ask for a copy of their personal data to be provided to them, or a third party, in a digital format.
Applicants also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal data with their local data protection authority.
Security and Retention. Alamo Group Europe Ltd will take steps to protect Applicants’ personal data against loss or theft, as well as from unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which it is held. Alamo Europe Group Ltd retains information for one year from our point of last contact. We hold this information to support our legal and regulatory requirements. If you object to this retention, please contact us via our details below. You must give us permission if you would like us to contact you within 1 year of application if alternative positions become available.
Contact Details: If you have any enquiries, requests or concerns regarding this Notice or relating to the processing of Applicant personal data, please contact the HR Director, via firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with your local data protection authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk.